Friday, October 17, 2008

Reflector towers

"Hey papa, you gonna teach me how to ski this year?"
"Papa, we need to break down those barriers. That chain link fence that keeps us cooped up. Get me out there this season"

....Well, If I am to get him out, I need to get out. Need to get in some training.

Took the man up to the reflector towers yesterday.
Extricated from the backpack at the top, Alexi stumbled around and collected rocks.

This is one of my standard get-out-and-get-in-shape routes. Its is a quickie, but a goodie. Start at base in Research Park. Hike to top (the red fire-tower) and back down in one hour is good fitness goal.With Alexi on my back, I definitely did not achieve this goal. The added weight slowed me to 56 min in the 2000 ft climb to the peak. Going down was also slow at 30+ min.

"Papa, you gonna have to do better than that!"

No comments: