Monday, August 31, 2009

The FT collins super

Got me a beaut off the trash heaps piling up in the street. Found her not all in one place mind you, but rather, she begot from a conglomeration (or is that abomination?) of various parts from various heaps.

You see, once a year, the SLC sanitation does "neighborhood clean up day." So everyone cleans out the clutter (or should I say valuable jewels!) and puts them on the street to be hauled off to the dump by the city.

Seeing a perfectly good chair on one pile (sans legs and a wee rip down the middle). Then a nice pre-teen girls bike (sans rear wheel) on another... I got inspired. Some crooked conduit in one pile (easily straitened), perfectly good batch of wood 2 x 4's on another (chair base improvement).....well, the creative juices just started flowing. The result is my own white, trash mobile (she got a little extra white by painting the conduit and welds white).

She rides like a champ.

We are taking her to Ft Collins this weekend for the Tour de Fat. This tours major activity is dressing up like a freak and riding a bike thru the middle of beautiful down town Ft Collins (all full sanctioned by the city, and financially supported by New Belgum Brewery.) So wiffy and I are going to dress like crazy hillbillies and ride my new ride in style.

1 comment:

foothill said...

oh my. HOpkins you never cease to amaze!