Tuesday, April 15, 2008

dirt diggler

fresh dirt anyone? added to his growing list of nicknames we now have "dirt diggler."

This photo is courtesy of what he finds is the best dirt delicacy, the potted-plant dirt. It is soft and loamy, with a sweet jungley aroma. A spongy tongue texture complemented with a strong, low finish.

He cant get enough of the stuff. A few days ago in the garden I was turning the soil. I thought had him in a relatively safe spot playing with with toys. A moment later super zoomer crawled over to the dirt and was double fisting handfuls into his mouth. I quickly went to the rescue to put a stop to it. In seconds, he had dirt everywhere (much worse than the above picture). He chuckled and giggled as I wiped the dirt from his face. And he kept giggling afterwards, which was a bit strange. He appeared to be savoring the last grains of gritty dirt.

I was about to go back to digging, when he spat out a large, round rock. I was dumbstruck with shock. It was a about one inch in circumference .....perfect for choking on. The realization of this jeopardy, put an end to the garden tending. Now, when he stuffs foreign objects in mouth. I look in there and do the finger scoop to get rid of unwanted goop.

Amazing how diligent one has to be to keep these little buggers from harming themselves. I suspect it is only going to get worse. I'll feel quite lucky if we can get this little bug to 18 years with all his limbs still attached.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what is word verification