Monday, September 15, 2008

What to do when breathing stops?

My boy just gave me big scare. He passed out in my lap earlier this evening. Eyes rolled back in his head and not breathing, I panicked.

Gave him mouth-to-mouth....not working! Then finally a breath. Call 911, bus on the way. In 5 min ambulance shows and Alexi is more alert. He seem much better. I elect to take him in myself as hospital which is only a few blocks away.

Crisis subsides as we find CT is normal. EKG normal. No repeat episodes. It is chalked up to febrile seizure, as he has slight fever. EEG in next few days are expected to rule out any issues.

The scare was enough for me, I don't need any more issues! Alexi is fine now, just sleeping away nicely, ....and breathing I might add.

1 comment:

Green Acres said...

Chris! That is a totally scary thing...we see it here with the kids at daycare sometimes as well. I am sorry you had to experience it. I am certain that beautiful boy will be no worse for the wear. Give him giant kisses from his Aunt Tara!!! Love you all!