Monday, February 6, 2012

Now this is more like it!

He is doing so much better. Yeahoo!

It was Papa's turn on the vigil last night.  Before this vid, the little guy was helping the examining doc place the pressure cuff and showing them where to put the stethoscope.  He is taking charge now.

A very touching and bonding moment for me occurred before this video.  I came in to give a "kissy" on the forehead.  He reached up as if to block me.

I was worried that this was a repeat of the past few days.  He hated blood draws.  He would not look anyone in the eye for hours after these insults.  He would push people away.  Angry and insular.

So, on my "kissy" I though I was about to receive one of these rejections.  But he was looking me in the eye.  I stopped. My face a few inches from his face. 

With his hand, he started gently stroking my beard.  He started saying soft and gentle words in Lingala.  And he repeatedly glanced from my eyes to the beard and back again.  Then he said the jewel-like word.     ....."Papa!"

No comments: