Thursday, January 15, 2009

Gone dady gone

"Hey yo, Pops! Me and Kuma got to tell you something. We gots bad news for you...."
"Hey, don't bother me right now. I am driving. And cant u see theo is sleeping?"
"What is it?... poopy diaper? You dropped your toy? The dog ate your homework?"


"No Pops, we got really bad news! you got to listen to me.""What I have got to tell you is serious stuff dad...just give me a moment to make a few calculations........"

"Ah, yes, there it is. You see Papa, implementing the latest Chaos Theory Algorythms, as illustrated in this chart below.
"I derive calculations showing an extremely high probability that the global economic recession manifested by ponzified derivitive fragmenation, then amplified by oversight neglectification, is causing, with an almost certainty of calculus, the daycare facility will brancruptify."

"Huh? kid, your making no sense. You leaving us out in the cold here, what-u-talking-bout?"

"Now Dad, what I am trying to say.......is my daycare will close in two weeks."

Well, my little mathematical genius is right. last Monday, we were given two weeks to find alternative daycare because the owner had just decided over the weekend to quit the business.

Quite the shocker this news was to us and the teachers at his daycare. The scramble and uncertainty over the last few days spun us in a worried frenzy as we found out that every daycare we were calling had 6 months waiting lists. UGH!

Just yesterday, our frenetic efforts were rewarded, as I found us a facility that has an open spot for Alexi. It is a nice place, but suboptimal for us as it requires driving a few miles out of the way to Sugarhouse every time we want to drop him off. But hey, at least we have got something.

Our name is on the waiting list at all the near by places, so hopefully it will not be too long before we find a more convenient place.

No comments: